Cavender Auto Family
San Antonio, TX
For over 80 years, the Cavender Auto Family has strived to offer the best dealership experience by proudly serving our community, employees, and customers. Despite the pandemic, Cavender Auto Family has continued to set performance records and experience significant growth at our dealerships. During this time, we have maintained the highest safety standards for our employees, while continuing to add top talent to our progressive and growing organization. Join our growing team with Confidence!
Why work at Cavender Auto Family:
- We offer an outstanding company culture where we understand and value work/life balance.
- We provide best-in-class benefits: paid vacation time, medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401k plans, and more.
- We create opportunities for career growth and progression, seeking to promote from within whenever possible.
- We invest in our employees by providing ongoing training and professional development.
- We love and support the communities our dealerships serve, and we are always looking for different ways to partner with organizations in our communities.
- Problem solver who collaborates with the recruiting team to create a recruiting strategy from start to finish, including sourcing, screening, interviewing, and creating and extending offers.
- Brand ambassador who leverages the digital marketplace to represent and promote the Cavender Auto Family as the employer of choice.
- Relationship builder with strong written and oral communication skills who confidently fosters and cultivates strong talent pipelines.
- Driven competitor who manages a high volume of requisitions and candidates with urgency to meet and exceed company recruiting goals.
- Organized team-player with excellent follow-up and follow-through habits – internally and externally.
- Recruit top talent including sourcing, interviewing and pre-employment testing
- Conduct phone interviews and face to face interviews leveraging multiple technologies to enhance the candidate and client experience, i.e. video interviewing and chat platforms.
- Create relationships with Universities and post positions on University web sites
- Heavily engaged with the overall recruitment and interview process (e.g. updating recruitment activity spreadsheets, preparation of offer letters and scheduling of onboarding)
- Complete onboarding as necessary for all newly hired associates
- Must be extremely organized with a keen eye for details
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas and to summarize complex issues
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Enjoys building working relationships and working on collaborative projects with other departments
- Must have great attitude and be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- 2 years experience with recruiting, technical recruiting a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED/Some College preferred
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and training skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to travel in reliable transportation for recruitiment meetings, college visits, and career fairs and maintain a flexible schedule
- Excellent organizational skills with multitasking ability.
- Self starter with a positive and enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.